Sweden Immigration Services

If your company, or a company you plan on acquiring, is sending employees to work in Sweden, Envoy is here to provide Sweden immigration services and help you navigate the process. Whether your employees are traveling to Sweden for business, working there full time or require any other type of visa, getting through the necessary steps efficiently and successfully is paramount to you and to us.

Working in Sweden

The type of visa needed, or whether any visa is needed, for working in Sweden is determined by the citizen’s home country, the duration of stay, and the type of work being done.  

Citizen from the European Union (EU) and citizens from a Nordic country—Denmark, Finland, Iceland, and Norway—can reside in and work in Sweden without obtaining a work permit or registering with the Migration Agency. Generally, all other citizens, including those from Switzerland, must apply for and secure a work permit and residency visa to work and live in Sweden. 

For short-term business visits of less than 90 days, most foreign nationals can apply for and a secure a short-term Type C Schengen Visa before entering Sweden, but all other employment requires a permit for work and residency. 

Employers and employees need to make sure they apply for the correct visa or work permit and provide the necessary documentation in their application to work in Sweden, including regulations about official employment letters and minimum salary requirements. There are a variety of different types of work permits and visas in Sweden, but we’ve listed the most common ones below.

Types of Visas

  • Short-Term Visa (type C) 
  • Long-Term Visa (type D) 
  • Visitor’s Permit 
  • Residence Permit 
  • Work Permit 

To figure out which visa your business requires and for more information about the Swedish immigration procedure, click below to download our Sweden Information Sheet or click here to set up a consultation.

Thousands of companies rely on Envoy to solve their immigration challenges.