Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Last Update: February 20, 2023
- Information We Collect
The type of information we may collect through the employment application and recruitment process include the following personal and sensitive personal information:
- Identifiers: Such as a legal name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information Categories Listed in the California Customer Records Statute: Such as a name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, credit information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law: Such as age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or veteran or military status.
- Professional and Employment-Related Information: Such as career interests, salary requirements, experience, skills, work history, resume, certifications, licensure, background screening information (e.g., criminal and other public records and history; public court records; or motor vehicle and driving records), professional registrations, emergency contact information, job title and role information, job status (e.g., full-time, part-time, on leave), training information (e.g., confirmation of training completed), technology usage, compensation, proposed and actual compensation changes, bonuses, expenses, reimbursement, payroll and payroll deductions, direct deposit elections, relocations, performance appraisals, grievances, corrective actions, information reported to compliance hotline, information gathered through internal investigations, accidents and injuries, medical leave and vacation requests, time sheets, billing information, expenses, reimbursements, training, onboarding and offboarding information, and information collected for purposes of administering benefits (e.g., employee contributions, beneficiaries).
- Inferences Drawn from other Personal Information: To create a profile about a California applicant reflecting his/her preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, aptitudes, general reputation, and mode of living.
- Our Use and Retention of Your Information
We may use the above-described categories of information for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
- Recruitment Management: To recruit and hire employees, including evaluating employment applications, considering California applicants for potential positions or opportunities with Envoy, communicating with California applicants; to administer background, clearance, and driving record checks, and other investigative consumer reports, as applicable; to determine eligibility for employment, including confirming and ensuring compliance of California applications’ ability to work in the United States, and conducting onboarding of new California employees.
- Compliance with Law: To comply with employment laws, regulations, and legal processes.
Envoy may disclose or make available some of the personal information with third-party vendors as necessary for us to consider an application for employment. Such vendors may include the entity that hosts our job application processes. Envoy does not “sell” applicant personal information or “share” personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes beyond the minimum purposes permitted by the CCPA.
We will retain your application information and documentation for the retention period as required by law, and may retain it beyond the required period, if deemed to be reasonably necessary to fulfill an ongoing business need, or to comply with applicable tax, legal, or accounting requirements. Please note that if you accept an offer of employment, the information obtained by Envoy through the application and recruitment processes will become part of your employment record and used for employment-related purposes subject to applicable law.
- California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with the following rights, subject to certain exceptions:
- Right to Know. You have the right to be informed of the categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last twelve months, the categories of sources of such information; the categories of information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose; the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose. Please note this policy is intended to satisfy this right.
- Right to Access. You have the right to access and/or receive a copy of specific pieces of personal information we have about you.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete personal information we have collected from you.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to correct inaccurate personal information we have about you.
Certain information is exempt from such requests under applicable law. You also may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising CCPA rights. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request, which may include requesting that you respond to an email that we send to you, or otherwise verifying your name, email address or other information that will help us to confirm your identity.
- Changes to this California Applicant Collection Notice
We may update this California Applicant Collection Notice from time to time to address changes in our practices, and as technologies and laws change. If we make changes to this California Applicant Collection Notice, we will revise the Last Updated date identified at the top of the first page. Any changes will become effective upon our posting of the revised California Applicant Collection Notice on the applicable job application webpage.
- How to Contact Us
If you have questions or any need for assistance relating to the content in this California Applicant Collection Notice, you may contact us by email at: [email protected], by phone at: 312-964-6499, or by writing us at the following address: Envoy, attention Chief People Officer, 230 W. Monroe St. Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60606.