Envoy's Immigration Services for Mexico

For companies sending employees to work in Mexico, Envoy’s global team can help determine which visa or work permit is needed, what documents are required and track and manage all deadlines and case statuses.

Types of Visas

  • Visitor’s Permit
  • Temporary Resident Visa
  • Permanent Residency Visa

Processes and requirements vary. To learn more about the different types of Mexican visas and work permits, and to see which one is the best fit for your foreign national employees, click below to download our Mexico fact sheet or click here to set up a consultation.

Working in Mexico

The type of visa needed, or whether any visa is needed, to work in Mexico is determined by the foreign national’s length of stay and the type of business they’ll be carrying out in the country.

For tourists and business visitors from most countries, a visa is not required to travel to Mexico for up to 180 days, so long as they are not being paid by a Mexican entity. Business visitors who do not require an entry visa must fill out a Multi-Use Immigration Form (FMM) upon arrival to a Mexican port or point of entry.

For stays longer than 180 days, citizens from all countries must apply for and secure a visa. For longer stay visas, the employee and the employer both must provide documents to the National Institute of Immigration, and the employee will likely also need to be interviewed at a Mexican embassy in their home country.

Employers and employees need to make sure they apply for a visa if necessary and provide the correct documentation during the application process and when entering Mexico. We’ve listed the most common Mexican visas below.

Thousands of companies rely on Envoy to solve their immigration challenges.