Japan Immigration Services

If your company, or a company you plan on acquiring, is sending employees to work in Japan, Envoy is here to provide Japan immigration services and help you navigate the process. Whether your employees are traveling to Japan for business, working there full time or require any other type of visa, getting through the necessary steps efficiently and successfully is paramount to you and to us.

Working in Japan

The type of visa needed is determined by the business-related activities the foreign national will partake in while working in Japan.

Japan allows for business visitors to enter the country and stay for up to 90 days, and some countries don’t require a visa for this type of entry. Foreign nationals from China, Russia, the Philippines, and some other countries require visas, even for a short-term stay.

For business-related visits longer than 90 days, foreign nationals are required to apply for and obtain a visa that allows them to work in Japan. Intra-company transfers, business managers, skilled laborers, professors, and many other professions require company sponsorship, and a work visa to enter the country. Upon entry, your employees will be required to register their residence address with the local ward office in Japan.

Employers and employees need to make sure they apply for the correct visa or work permit and provide the necessary documentation in their application and when entering Japan on a valid work visa. There are a variety of different types of work visas in Japan, but we’ve listed the most common ones below.

japan immigration services

Types of Visas

  • Highly Skilled Professional Visas
  • Intra-Company Transfer

Processes and requirements vary by the type of visa. To figure out which visa your business requires, click below to download our Japan Information Sheet or click here to set up a consultation.

Thousands of companies rely on Envoy to solve their immigration challenges.