Hong Kong Immigration Services

If your company, or a company you plan on acquiring, is sending employees to work in Hong Kong, Envoy is here to provide Brazil immigration services and help you navigate the process. Whether your employees are traveling to Brazil for business, working there full time or require any other type of visa, getting through the necessary steps efficiently and successfully is paramount to you and to us.

Working in Hong Kong

The type of work visa needed for business travel to Hong Kong depends on duration of stay, country of origin, and types of activities the employee intends on undertaking in Hong Kong, which is officially a Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China.  

Foreign nationals who hold an Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card (ABTC) and foreign nationals from certain countries are allowed to enter Hong Kong for business or personal travel for 14, 30, 60, 90, or 180 days, depending on home country. 

If foreign nationals will be staying in Hong Kong longer than their visa-free duration or will be working full-time and being paid while in Hong Kong, they are required to apply for and secure a visa and work permit.  

Processing times can very based on the time of year and type of visa, so make sure your company factors processing time into the timeline for sending a foreign national to work in Hong Kong. There are several types of work passes and permits for Hong Kong, but we’ve listed some common ones below.

Types of Visas

  • General Employment Policy (GEP) – Professionals
  • General Employment Policy (GEP) – Entrepreneurs
  • Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals (ASMTP)
  • Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)

Thousands of companies rely on Envoy to solve their immigration challenges.