Envoy's Immigration Services for Chile

For companies sending employees to work in Chile, Envoy’s global team can help determine which visa or work permit is needed, what documents are required and track and manage all deadlines and case statuses.

Types of Visas and Work Permits

  • Chile Tourist Visa 
  • Temporary Residence Visa 
  • Permanent Residence Visa 
  • Chile Work Visa 
  • Contract Work Visa 
  • Independent Worker Visa 
  • Investor Visa 

Processes and requirements vary. To learn more about the different types of Chilean visas and work permits, and to see which one is the best fit for your employees, download our Chile fact sheet or click below to set up a consultation. 

Working in Chile

Chile recently emerged as a popular destination for multi-national corporations in South America and attracts foreign talent from all over the globe. Most foreign nationals do not require a visa to enter the country for short-term business activities, but long-term assignments and employment in Chile typically require a work visa. 

Citizens from more than 89 countries, including EU member states, Canada and the U.S. can visit Chile without a visa and can extend their stay an additional 90 days while in the country.  

Foreign nationals from certain countries who hold an Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card (ABTC) and foreign nationals who travel to Chile on business trips can enter the country for 90 days without a visa.   

For paid employment and for business trips lasting more than 90 days, foreign nationals must apply for and secure a visa that includes authorization to work, typically a temporary residence visa. 

Thousands of companies rely on Envoy to solve their immigration challenges.