Envoy's Immigration Services
for Bulgaria

For companies sending employees to work in Bulgaria, Envoy’s global team can help determine which visa or work permit is needed, what documents are required and track and manage all deadlines and case statuses.

Types of Visas

  • Short-Stay Visa (Type C)
  • Long-Stay Visa (Type D)
  • Work and Residence Permit
  • Intracompany Work Permit
  • EU Blue Card

Processes and requirements vary. To learn more about the different types of Bulgarian visas and work permits, and to see which one is the best fit for your foreign national employees, click below to download our Bulgaria fact sheet or click here to set up a consultation.

Working in Bulgaria

The type of visa needed, or whether any type of visa is needed, is determined by the foreign national’s home country and duration of stay in Bulgaria.

Citizens from the European Union (EU) and from Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland (European Economic Area, or EEA) don’t require a visa or work permit to live and work in Bulgaria. Additionally, citizens from Bulgaria, Japan, Canada and the United States, who will be in Bulgaria for 90 days or less, can enter the country for tourist purposes without a visa.

Unless the employee is from a country within the EU or EEA, they are required to secure a visa to travel to Bulgaria for business purposes. Employees can apply for a short-term visa or a long-term visa/residence permit, which allows them to travel to, live in and work in Bulgaria.

Thousands of companies rely on Envoy to solve their immigration challenges.