Envoy's Immigration Services for Belgium

For companies sending employees to work in Belgium, Envoy’s global team can help determine which visa or work permit is needed, what documents are required and track and manage all deadlines and case statuses.

Types of Visas

  • Short-Stay Schengen Visa (Type C)
  • Long-Term Visa (Type D)
  • Work Permit A
  • Work Permit B
  • Work Permit C

To figure out which type of Belgian visa and work permit your company needs to apply for and for more information about the Belgian visa and work permit process, click below to download our Belgium Information Sheet.

Working in Belgium

The type of visa and work permit needed, or whether any visa is needed, to work and live in Belgium is determined by the foreign national’s home country and the duration of stay.

Citizens from the European Union (EU) and from Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland (European Economic Area, or EEA) don’t require a visa or work permit for Belgium. Generally, most business visitors can use a Schengen C Visa and travel to Belgium for up to 90 days. A number of countries are visa exempt, and those citizens can travel to Belgium for up to 90 days without a visa.

Belgian immigration is divided into residency and work. The Immigration Office of the country is responsible for issuing residency visas, and regional employment authorities are responsible for issuing work permits. To work in Belgium, your employees must secure both a residency visa and a work permit.

Employers and employees need to make sure they apply for the correct visa and work permit and provide the necessary documentation in their application and when entering Belgium. There are a variety of different types of visas and work permits for Belgium, but we’ve listed the most common ones below.

Thousands of companies rely on Envoy to solve their immigration challenges.