Trump’s Executive Order Temporarily Halted: Attorney General Obtains Restraining Order

HIGHLIGHTS

Update, Tuesday, Feb. 7: Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly told a congressional panel that no other countries would be added to the travel ban. Read more here.

News sources are reporting that the State Department is upholding the temporary halt that a federal judge in Washington put on Trump’s Executive Order on Immigration signed last Friday.

At this point, the CBP says it will honor the restraining order and are letting those with immigrant and non-immigrant visas from the seven impacted countries into the US.

Immigration attorneys still advise that the prudent plan is for anyone from the seven countries still refrain from travel outside of the U.S. as appeals may be filed.

We are keeping up with the news and will keep you informed as soon as there are updates.

From CNBC:

A federal judge in Seattle on Friday granted a nationwide temporary restraining order blocking U.S. President Donald Trump‘s recent action barring nationals from seven countries from entering the United States.

Attorney General Bob Ferguson’s order represents a major challenge to the Trump administration, which is expected to immediately appeal. The judge declined to stay the order, suggesting that travel restrictions could be lifted immediately.

Read the article here.

Justice Department Attorney Says 100,000 Visas Revoked Due to Travel Ban
Feb 3, 2017 | Britni Sehgal

According to The Washington Post, an attorney for the government revealed in federal court on

Read More
Premium Processing
Impact from Trump’s Executive Order Signed Friday
Jan 28, 2017 | Jamie Gilpin

Temporary ban from Seven Nations President Trump signed an executive order on Friday, January

Read More
Immigration Under President Trump: What We Know So Far
Jan 27, 2017 | Jamie Gilpin

Here is a review of where things stand and what could happen both short

Read More